As of Friday 3rd December Wairoa & Gisborne regions will enter into ‘Red’ under the new COVID-19 protection frame work - Traffic Light system. The purpose of the new traffic light system is to allow businesses and schools to remain open, despite community transmission and end lockdowns. With the new traffic light system however, comes the increased risk of the virus entering our communities and businesses like Eastland Veterinary Services. Due to the heightened risk and current ‘Red’ setting Eastland Veterinary Services has updated its COVID-19 policy to reduce the risk of the virus entering our clinics. The following changes will ensure Eastland Veterinary Services remains a healthy and safe place for our staff to work in and a safe place for you to visit:
To ensure the safety of our staff and anyone on your property, our large animal vets will be asking the following COVID-19 screening questions:
1. Are you (or anyone on your property) unwell with any Covid-19 symptoms or self isolating?
2. Have you had contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 in the past 14 days?
3. Have you (or anyone on your property) been tested for Covid-19 within the past 14 days?
4. Have you travelled out of the Gisborne district in the past 14 days?
5. Are there any other Health & Safety concerns we need to be aware of before arriving at your property?
Vets and clients will need to practise physical distancing, and wear a mask if they cannot avoid being in close proximity to each other.
Eastland Veterinary Services will continue to update you as we move in and out of other traffic light settings. Stay safe.
Regards, Eastland Veterinary Services